1. What we collect
1.1 Technical data
When you visit the Website, certain data is automatically stored on our servers for the purposes of system administration and for statistical and backup purposes. This data may include the name of your Internet service provider, your IP address, the version of your browser software, the operating system of the computer you are using to access the Website, your browsing history, and, if appropriate, any search terms you have used to find our Website. This data may help us to analyse trends, usage and viewing behaviour of visitors to our Website.
1.2 Personal data
You will not be asked to provide any personal details about yourself unless you voluntarily choose to set up an account as a "Registered User" on the Website. If you do set up an account on the Website, we may collect the following personal data from you:
- full name, email address, postal address, phone number;
- name, age of person who is celebrating (the "Celebrant")
- bank account number;
- photos and/ or attachments uploaded to our Website; and
- names and email addresses of your invited guests;
- (collectively, "Your Personal Data").
2. How we use Your Personal Data
We may use Your Personal Data to:
- provide our services to you (including assessing your application to set up an account as a Registered User)
- process your instructions on the Website (including carrying out verification of and running security checks on your details);
- process payments on our Website;
- identify and maintain an internal record of visitors to the Website, analyse trends, usage and viewing behaviour on our Website (whether on an individualised or aggregated basis), to help us better understand how you and other visitors use our Website and services, for the purposes of improving our services and responding to users’ desires and preferences;
- send you news and updates about Twopresents’ activities, its charity partners (each, a "Charity Partner") and other partners listed on the Website;
- inform you of any new products and services, features, content or other changes introduced on our Website;
- send marketing about new products and/or services offered by: (a) our related companies (including our affiliate and subsidiary companies), (b) joint venture partners, and (c) other third party providers. The marketing communications may offer products or services (including special events and promotions) in the following categories: dining, food and beverages, sports, music, film, television and other entertainment, clothing and accessories, jewelry, luggage and bags, cosmetics, personal health and hygiene, electronics, toys, books, home furnishings, and housewares, automobiles, transport and travel, hotels, financial services, loyalty and reward programs, media services, entertainment services, social networking services, payment services, on-line advertising services, other e-commerce, information and communications and services, concierge services), and other products and services that we think may be relevant to you based on information you provide to us;
- contact you via email, phone or post for market research purposes; and
- comply with our obligations under applicable law.
3. Provision of third party personal data by you
If you choose to set up an event invitation on our Website, you will be asked to provide the email address of your event’s guests and the names of the attendees. By submitting your guests’ names and email addresses on the Website, you warrant that you have obtained the consent of those individuals to provide their personal data to Twopresents.
Until your event’s guests set up an account as a Registered User with Twopresents on our Website, Twopresents will only use their email addresses and the names of the attendees to send event invitations and follow-up emails regarding the event and its fundraising progress. You agree to be held liable for any liability or loss incurred by Twopresents arising from the use of any personal data supplied by you about your event’s attendees.
4. Transfer of your personal data
We will keep confidential Your Personal Data that you provide to us, except we may disclose Your Personal Data to the following parties below (who may be located, and use Your Personal Data, outside of Hong Kong).
If you are a Host that has made a donation to Twopresents’ Charity Partners, we may need to transfer Your Personal Data to the Charity Partner in order for them to issue tax receipts to you directly in respect of donations that you make on our Website. If this applies, we will ask for your consent before transferring Your Personal Data to our Charity Partner for such purposes. However, if you choose not to give your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a tax receipt for the donations made.
We may need to transfer Your Personal Data to any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureaus, or collection agencies where necessary to establish and support the processing of payments and payment transfers through the Website.
We do not provide Your Personal Data to any other third parties without your prior express consent. We may transfer anonymous and aggregated data to third parties from time to time, which may include Your Personal Data in an anonymous format and which does not allow the third parties to identify you in any way other than on our own Website.
We are committed to ensuring that Your Personal Data is maintained securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of Your Personal Data submitted through the Website, we have put in place commercially reasonable safeguards, including physical, technological and managerial procedures, to protect Your Personal Data. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption of Your Personal Data you provide to use through the Website, which is an industry standard for encryption over the Internet.
Cookies are small files stored temporarily on your computer by your browser. When you visit the Website, cookies are automatically stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies help analyse web traffic and let us know when you visit a particular Website. Cookies also allow web applications to tailor their operations to your interests by gathering and remembering data about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about the Website’s traffic and improve our Website by customizing it to your needs. We only use this data for statistical analysis purposes, and we delete data obtained from cookies once the relevant analysis has been carried out.
Cookies do not allow us access to your computer or any personal data about you, other than Your Personal Data which you expressly choose to provide to us.
You can disable and delete cookies from your browser, or prevent cookies from being stored by modifying your browser settings.
7. Controlling Your Personal Data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of Your Personal Data. When you are provided with a form to complete on the Website, you will be asked to click a box to indicate you expressly agree to Twopresents using Your Personal Data for the purposes indicated. You may choose not to give your consent for the indicated purpose by not ticking the box.
If you decide to upload attachments and/or images to an event invitation, please be aware that your guests will have access to such attachments and images and can forward them to third parties, and Twopresents cannot control to whom or to where your guests forward the attachments or images.
8. Opting Out from use of Your Personal Data for Marketing Purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you may withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us at our address in the "Contact Us" section below.
If you choose to opt out from our use of Your Personal Data for marketing purposes, we will honor your request and will not use Your Personal Data for any marketing purposes. You may opt out from certain marketing and promotional materials or categories by notifying us at our address in the "Contact Us" section below.
9. Accessing and Correcting Your Data
We take reasonable steps to ensure that Your Personal Data is accurate, complete and up to date. You have the right to request to receive a copy of and make any corrections to Your Personal Data. Please direct any access requests to our address in the "Contact Us" section below. Please note that we may charge you a small fee for the cost of processing your request.
10. Cancellation or termination
If your account as a Registered User with Twopresents is cancelled or terminated at any time, we will cease using or processing Your Personal Data as soon as reasonably practicable after the cancellation or termination. We may retain copies of Your Personal Data as is reasonably required for:
- archival purposes;
- use in relation to any actual or potential dispute;
- compliance with applicable laws and regulations in any applicable jurisdiction (which may include a country outside of Hong Kong);
- for the purpose of enforcing the Terms of Service; and
- protecting our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our Charity Partners and employees.
11. Children’s personal data
Twopresents does not intend to collect personal data of children under the age of 18 years. Hosts may voluntarily provide the name and birthday of his/ her child when setting up an event invitation.
If parents or other guardians discover that children under their supervision have made their personal data available to Twopresents, we request that parents or guardians contact us at our address in the "Contact Us" section below if they do not want Twopresents to retain the data. We will delete the data as soon as practicable after we receive a request, unless otherwise required to retain the personal data.
12. Compliance with law
You agree that we (or our affiliate companies) may be required to retain or disclose Your Personal Data in order to comply with:
- applicable laws and regulations;
- a court order, subpoena or other legal process or proceedings;
- a request by a government authority, law enforcement agency, regulatory body or other similar authority or agency,
- (whether situated in Hong Kong or in an overseas jurisdiction).
13. Contact Us